Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hanging Out 6x6 (mixed media on canvas board)



(Mixed Media on Canvas Board 6X6)
(Comment to me to purchase). $80

I found this interesting paint called "Metal Effects" from Modern Masters
This one is "oxidizing copper paint" which oxidizes when a "patina aging solution" is applied over the copper.  I experimented with several canvases using various applications.  
I then painted this little lizard over the patina copper canvas board.  But the background competes with the focal object for your attention.  He just didn't show up very well.
So I added the extra markings and outlined the little fella with a black marker.
I liked the way he turned out in the end.  I'm going to do more of these patina/copper canvases.


Thank you for viewing my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment